It’s another Smarty Party in the making – we are super excited from the response to Night at the Races on Friday Night April 23rd! The support has been fantastic – we expect 36 people in attendance and 45 horses have been purchased so far. This is one of the best (and most fun!) fundraising events for Northern Home and it is shaping up to be extremely successful again.
All the horse, jockey and owner names are very clever and witty. Some of my favorites are Tequilla Mockingbird in Race 3 and Mistress # 13 in Race 5. The program booklet has been printed with all the Race info, but everyone can still buy horses at the event if there are openings in a particular race. It is also encouraged to place side bets on races, betting on favorites or simply betting against friends – those details will be explained at the Race Ticket Counter. In another recent development, Northern Home is trying to get a Craps table donated for more entertainment. I know some Wynnstay’s attendees that will be pumped to roll some dice!
Event will be in the Lobby of the Brandywine Realty Trust Building
555 East Lancaster Avenue Suite 100 Radnor , PA 19087
Directions from Plymouth Meeting:
Take I-476 South to Exit 13 for US-30 West toward St. Davids
Turn Left on E Lancaster Ave. Go 0.5miles and the Brandywine Trust Building will be on the Right
Other important information:
1) If you have a horse, bring $20 either in cash or a check made out to “Northern Home for Children”.
2) Wynnstay will pay for all attendees, so please mention us at the Front Door and you will be checked off the list.
3) BYOB. The event will be lightly catered by Wawa (sandwiches, wraps, salad, softdrinks) and 2 kegs will be provided by beer distributor, Muller Inc. We strongly suggest to eat a snack beforehand and to bring Wine, Liquor, or some extra 6 packs of your favorite beverage. As a fundraising event, the venue, food & drinks are all donated so we can keep costs down and net as much money for Northern Home as possible
4) For all the lovely ladies in attendance, bring your favorite raceday bonnet. The wider the brim, the better!
5) We understand that 6pm is difficult to get to Radnor on a Friday afternoon. The races start at 7pm, so no need to rush! The event should last at least 2 hours, everyone is free to come and go as they please.
We’d like to give a special shoutout to Tom Jr. who will be turning 34 years young on April 23rd – we will all miss you from Vancouver. And we cannot help but dedicate the Night to Philly’s favorite horse Smarty Jones – never before has a large creature brought this city so close together.
All of you have been so gracious and supportive of Night at the Races – we cannot wait to watch those Ponies!